Sunday, January 19, 2014

Ashley Stoyanoff's Review: Charred Heart by Lizzy Ford.

★ASHLEY STOYANOFF'S REVIEW★
 Charred Heart
The Heart of Fire Series
By Lizzy Ford
 
Title: Charred Heart (#1, Heart of Fire)
Author: Lizzy Ford
Number of Pages: 198
Publication Info: Guerrilla Wordfare (Nov 2013)
Genre: Adult, Paranormal Romance
Shelf: Books I Bought
Rating:
★★★★
 
Goodreads: Here
Purchase: Here
 Authors Website: Here
~Summary from Goodreads~
For a thousand years, Chace has searched for a way to break the curse placed on him by a jilted lover. He’s a dragon shifter, one who can’t control when the magic will force him into a different form. He’s already lost everyone he ever cared about a few times over and doesn’t know how much longer he’s meant to suffer.

At his wit’s end, he makes a deal with a mysterious figure that offers him what he wants most – an end to his misery – in exchange for everything that’s his: His life, his power. His heart.

The next day, he meets Skylar, a modern day dragon slayer whose mission is to cage him – or kill him. Sexy, witty and brave, she is the yin to his yang, the woman destined to break the curse, balance his magic and make his broken heart whole.

Except it’s too late. Not only has he sealed his fate, but an innocent one-night-stand with Skylar has dragged her into the middle of a deal with the devil, one she won’t escape, if he can’t convince her that dragon shifters aren’t her enemies.
 
~My Review~
Fun, sexy, and action packed.  Charred Heart kept me fully engaged right until the end and has me ready for more.
 
The Story
This story starts out with Sky going to a shifter bar while hunting the elusive dragon shifter, Chace.  Her mission: take the lethal dragon shifter back to the compound to be rehabilitated.  She’s been trained and she’s ready, or so she thought.  Once in the bar, things spiral out of control and she finds herself being rescued by none other than the dragon shifter.  With a strong attraction and sparks flying, what was meant to be a one night stand turns into more and Sky finds herself questioning everything she thought they knew about her world.
 
The Characters
I simply loved Sky.  She’s brave, has a fun sense of humor, and she doesn’t give up.  Really, she was everything I could have wanted in a female lead.
 But then there was Chace.  He was … a jerk?  Yeah, I think I’m going to go with a selfish jerk.  I don’t think I’ve ever read a Lizzy Ford book where I saw nothing redeemable in the male lead.  He’s a dragon shifter that’s been around for a thousand years, except what I saw was a guy who had no life experience, and only worried about himself.  He’s going to have to do something pretty amazing in the next book to change my mind about him.
 The Writing
I’ve always loved Ford’s snappy dialogue and this book did not disappoint.  The descriptions were vivid, and each scene was well thought out.  There were quite a few typos that became a bit distracting, but even though I found them distracting, they didn’t take the enjoyment factor out of the book for me.
 In the end
Charred Heart was an enjoyable read, and one that I could not put down.  If you like shifters and you want some steamy romance then check this one out.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)