Thursday, May 30, 2013

Review: Night Beach by Kristy Eagar.

Night Beach by Kristy Eagar
-
'Breath-Takingly Dark, Raw & Powerful'

Rating:♥♥♥♥♥
Add to your TBR on Goodreads:Here
Kristy Eagar's Website:Here
buy on Amazon:
Summary:
'Imagine there is someone you like so much that just thinking about them leaves you desperate and reckless. You crave them in a way that's not rational, not right, and you're becoming somebody you don't recognise, and certainly don't respect, but you don't even care. And this person you like is unattainable. Except for one thing... He lives downstairs.'Abbie has three obsessions. Art. The ocean. And Kane.

But since Kane's been back, he's changed. There's a darkness shadowing him that only Abbie can see. And it wants her in its world.
A gothic story about the very dark things that feed the creative process.


My Review: 
"This is what I love about life. The UP. You can be completely down & out one moment, and in the next you feel like you're flying, for no reason at all"

  Night Beach is simply a breath taking novel! Kristy Eagar writes with such raw passion & heart breaking reality.. ..her characters are fleshed out with raw & fragile human emotions & it's impossible to dislike any of them.
description  
"It's that part of him, whatever it is that means he can do that, which has infected me. It would be easy if there was some way of getting him out of my system. That transaction would probably be straightforward enough - if he he took me seriously. But the sad truth is, I don't want just him, I want him to like me. "
I've never felt such a strong connection to a character in a novel as i felt towards Abbie..I felt As if she had been ripped right from inside me, her teenage fragile mind filled with hope & wonder for what way lay ahead, her imperfections & her obsessions....Where all mine in one form or another  ..some people may simply pitty her or Dislike her..
Yes she's obsessive.
Yes she's insecure
& yes she has a very distinctive view of the world but that's what maybe me love her so!
But the way I see it, people who go spending themselves easily don't have low self-esteem. They have really high self-esteem. If someone like me tried to live like that there would be nothing left Abbie - Page 83
  Kristy had such a beautiful way of blending abbie's reality & dreams until you didn't know where one ended & the other began.
  description
 "Sleep is so strange. The fact that we have to sleep. The fact that we are helpless while it happens. The fact that we can't hold on to our dreams after we have them. It really is a mystery."
  Kristy does a fresh take on a coming of age story, with its Aussie surfer slang & true to life Characters....
“At seventeen, I’m in-between. Staring at the carnival from a distance. Not sure if I want to go forward and become an adult; liking the view too much to turn back.”
  description
it also shows the beauty of first love (even if it's unrequited), first heart breaks, and understanding of our place in the world especially in family and most important the understandings of ourselves.  
"I don't want romance and stolen and kisses and sweetness and hand holding. I want something so big it's like two planets colliding, with an aftershock I will feel for the rest of my life."
  That being said its not your everyday ya novel....Night Beach does have some dark under tones, that sweep you up & catch you by surprise.
  description
  Kane's never been safe. Ultimately, he's never been within reach. That's the key to why I'm so caught up on him - I know that. I'm obsessed. And what feeds an obsession is not getting what you want. "
So if your considering reading Night Beach..stop thinking about it & just grab it because Kristy Eagar is AMAZEBALLS & so is this breathtaking novel!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)