Thursday, October 24, 2013

Ashley Stoyanoff's Review: Static by Tawny Stokes

★ Ashley Stoyanoff's Review 
~Static ~
By Tawny Stokes


Title: Static
Author: Tawny Stokes
Number of Pages: 296
Publication Info: Tawny Stokes (July 2011)
Genre: Young AdultParanormal, Romance

Shelf: Books I bought
Rating: ★★★


Goodreads: Here
Purchase: Here
Authors Website: Here


~Summary from Goodreads~

Be careful what you listen to....

During the summer before her senior year, 17 year old band groupie, Salem Vale, has been following her favorite punk rockers, Malice, from gig to gig hoping that one night she might get backstage and meet the sinisterly sexy guys. She’s been saving her virginity for the lead singer Thane. One fateful evening she gets her wish. It’s a dream come true.

Except the dream turns to a nightmare when she wakes up in a dumpster, tossed away like yesterday’s trash, with no memory of what happened the night before. She feels strange, different, as if something is trying to get out. Soon she realizes she’s changing…turning into something not quite human.

Now a hunger deep inside claws at her to feed, to siphon energy from those around her. Before she can do just that, Trevor, the band’s roadie shows up and stops her from killing. With his help she learns to control the hunger inside, because he’s just like her. And in return he wants her help to do one little thing…

Help him kill the members of Malice.



~My Review~
I had a bit of a love hate relationship with this book.  It was unique and entertaining, but I didn’t really care for the hero—Trevor.  Thane was much more interesting, and honestly, I liked him way better.

What I loved: Salem was a fabulous main character.   She was spunky and sassy.  Her personality was fantastic and kept me interested even when Trevor came along.  

also loved Thane.  He was edgy, dangerous, and he didn’t hide who or what he was.   When he met Salem again after the night that she was changed, he was blunt about being a demon and a killer.  He owned it, and I loved that about him.

What I liked:  The overall storyline was enjoyable.  At times it felt a littleunderdeveloped, but overall, the revenge plot kept me intrigued.


What drove me crazy:  Well, when we finally see Salem and Thane together, nothing really happened.  It felt kind … flat, and could have been developed more.  As the blurb says, the guy took her virginity and then threw her in the trash.  But when they are finally face to face, Salem does his laundry—literally.

Thane was much more intriguing than Trevor, and near the end, he actually showed some redemptive qualities, and it was at that point, that I just couldn’t stand Trevor.  He hid away worrying that Thane would hurt Salem, but that was it.  He worried.  And Thane, well, I got the impression that he care (in his own way) about Salem.  He even saved her a one point.  I guess I just didn’t see Trevor’s appeal.

In the end, I enjoyed the book.  It was a light read, with great characters, but I’m still not sure if I’ll continue on with the recently released sequel.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)