Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #5

Top Ten Tuesday is a Weekly Meme Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish to Share with fellow bloggers  our list about every thing Bookish!

this week's list....
Ten Words/Topics that Make Me not pick up a Book


High School SweetHearts:
Don't get me wrong I'm a huge romance fan, I just hate sappy teen/ya romances, with there hand holding & stolen kisses...I'm not 12 for Christ sake!
description


Abuse:
I had a time where I read a lot of real life suviour novels, but after awhile they get quite depressing & for me bring up way too many emotions.

description

Relgion: 
I'm an atheist & I like to think I have an open mind to everyone's beliefs but that doesn't mean I want hear someone Preach about it escpically not in books!

description


Chick-Lit:
I'm not 100% sure what qualifies as chick-lit but if along the lines of Sex and the City or Princess Diaries I'll avoid it at all costs.

description


Celebrity Memiors:
   Particularly Reality TV & Pop Stars...I avoid these like the plague. 

description

Love Triangles:
When done right they can make You feel a range of emotions, when done wrong (which is 90% of the time) they simply piss you off.

description

Any Mention to Twilight:
"The Next Twilight" "If You loved Twilight you'll love..." "Fans of Twilight will devour..." Aghhhhh......I hate Twilight!

description

Divorced Woman/Middle Age Crisis:
I'm generalizing with this term but I think you get what I mean, newly divorced middle aged woman going on some quest to find them selfs...god I can't think of anything worse!

description

Historical:
Not all historical novels, more Ye Old England/Medievil novels...there a major snore fest. 
description

Crime Fiction:
It's not that I hate a bit of crime solving/mystery but a book devoveted to "finding the bad guy" is so not my thing...I read to escape not to feel miserable & reading about murder isn't a fun escape.

description



5 comments:

  1. i so agree with you about twilight (it's on my list too). abuse is a big no-no for me too.

    hope you can stop by my TTT.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping By Michelle, I'll be sure to check your list out. :)

      Delete
  2. I saw the celebrity memoir picture you put up and immediately wanted to run away. :P
    And yep, religion books are a definite turnoff.
    Great list! (:

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I Know right, it's a bit scary! Thanks Kelly, I'll be sure to check out your list! :)

      Delete
  3. wow,like ALL my fellow bloggers listed religion. I quite agree. Love your list. Here is my TTT
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-what-will-make-me-not.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)