Saturday, July 13, 2013

Ashley Stoyanoff's Review: Six Moon Summer by SM Reine

★ASHLEY STOYANOFF'S REVIEW ★
Six Moon Summer by SM Reine


Title: Six Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon, #1)
Author: SM Reine
Number of Pages: 198
Publication Info: Red Iris Books (Jan 2012)
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Werewolves
Shelf: Amazon Freebie
Rating: ★★★

Goodreads: Here
Author Website: Here
Purchase: Here


Summary from Goodreads:
Rylie's been bitten. She's changing. And now she has three months to find a cure before becoming a werewolf... forever.

Rylie Gresham hates everything about summer camp: the food, the fresh air, the dumb activities, and the other girls in her cabin. But the worst part is probably being bitten by a werewolf. Being a teenager is hard enough, but now she's craving raw flesh and struggles with uncontrollable anger. If she doesn't figure out a way to stop the transformation, then at the end of summer, her life is worse than over. She'll be a monster.

My Review:
Well, I backtracked a little.  After reading New Moon Summer (The Cain Chronicles, #1)I was really confused about Rylie’s character, so I decided to start from the beginning and read the Season of the Moon series.  (I hadn’t realized that the Seasons of the Moon series fell first, and was a build up to The Cain Chronicles)  But I think I may be more confused now than I was beforeI guess that’s what I get for starting in the middle.

This story starts off with Rylie getting dropped off at summer camp, and it’s the last place she wants to be.  At the start, she’s quite miserable, hating pretty much everything.  She’s antisocial, gets picked on, and spends most of her time hidden away with her journal.  But then she gets bitten by a werewolf, and of course, she meets a cute boy.

The cute boy is Seth.  I really liked him.  He had a bit of mystery, he made me smile, and he was an overall nice guy.  For me, Seth was what kept this story interesting.

The main reason I picked up this book was that I just didn’t understand how meek, little Rylie was the alpha of her pack.  She basically hid behind her boyfriends brother, Able, in New Moon Summer, which didn’t feel very alpha-ish to me.  But by the end of Six Moon Summer she was really quite a strong person.  She grew from page one right untilthe end.  The Rylie I saw at the end of this story would have made a great alpha, so how did she go back to being so weak?  I guess I’ll just have to keep reading to figure it out.

The story moved at a pretty steady pace, so it did keep me engaged.  About three quarters on the way through, things really picked up.  Most of the twists and turns I hadalready figured out by then, so they weren’t really a surprise, but there was a lot more action and less of Rylie hidden away with her journal.

In the end, Six Moon Summer was an okay read.  It kept me entertained, but it wasn’t earth shattering.

Will I continue with this series?  Yes, but right now, I don’t think I’ll be rushing out to pick up the rest of the books.

Would I recommend it?  If you are looking for a light and easy read, then yes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks So much for Stopping by!
I'd loved to get your Feedback!
=)